Step One: Obtain your tracking code from Hotjar
- Sign into Hotjar
- Select your Settings Menu
- Select Sites & Organizations
- Select Tracking Code
- Copy your code via keyboard commands (Control+C and Control+V for PC // Command+C and Command+V for Mac)
Step Two: Add your Tracking code
You have two methods you can utilize to add your tracking code.
If you desire to add your tracking code funnel wide, please follow Example A:
If you desire to add your tracking code only to a single funnel step, please follow Example B:
Example A: Funnel Wide Tracking
- Select your desired funnel
- Select the settings tab
- Paste your tracking code into the Head Tracking Code
Example B: Step Specific Tracking
- Select the individual step
- Enter the Editor
- Select Settings drop down menu
- Select Tracking Codes
- Paste the tracking code into the Header section.
Once your tracking code is installed
You can start using any of Hotjar's 8 features: Heatmaps, Recordings, Forms, Funnels, Polls, Surveys, Recruiters and Incoming Feedback. Have a look at the guides below to get started.
- Creating Your First Heatmap Report
- How to Start Recordings
- Creating Your First Form Report
- Creating Your First Funnel Report
- Creating Your First Poll
- Creating Your First Survey
- Creating Your First Recruiters Widget
- Starting to use Incoming Feedback
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.