What you need:
- SendGrid SMTP Integration. Click here to learn how to set up your Sendgrid SMTP integration.
Step One: Set up Domain Authentication
- In SendGrid, click on Settings.
- Click on Sender Authentication.
- Click on Get Started or Authenticate Your Domain.
- Select your DNS host from the drop down menu.
- Select Yes or No for Link Branding.
- Click Next.
- Enter your Domain. (Do not include www or http://www)
For example, if you are sending an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, you would enter "domain.com".
- Select Advanced Settings. [Optional]
- Click on Next.
Step Two: Add CNAME Records To DNS Host
- This process may vary depending on your domain host. Example shown using a ClickFunnels domain.
- In Clickfunnels, select Domains from the Account Menu.
- Click on the Gear icon next to your domain.
- Click on Expand next to Edit Zone Records.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select CNAME from the Type drop down.
- Enter the Name (Host) from SendGrid.
Do not add your domain on the host inputs, as see crossed out below
- Enter the Value (Data) from SendGrid.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this process for all 3 CNAME records from Sendgrid.
Step Three: Verify your DNS
- In SendGrid, scroll down on the same DNS Records page.
- Click the checkbox.
- Click "Verify."
**Please note: If only half of your CNAME records verify, you may have to wait longer. Domain records can take up to 48 hours to fully verify. Click here for more troubleshooting information from SendGrid.**
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.