To get started you will need a Mandrill account.
Go to https://mandrillapp.com and log in with your MailChimp account.
Go to Account > SMTP Settings
Click Add SMTP Configuration
1) Title - The name of your integration. This is for your reference only. This can be anything that you like.
2) From Name - This is the name that will display in the user's email client when they receive an email from you.
3) From Email - This is the email address that your emails will be sent from. This will also be the address that users respond to if they click "Reply" in their email client.
4) SMTP Server - This comes from your Mandrill account. You should enter smtp.mandrillapp.com
5) SMTP Port - This comes from your Mandrill account. You should enter 587
6) SMTP User - This is SMTP Username from Mandrill (see screenshot from Mandrill below).
7) SMTP Password - This is SMTP Username from Mandrill (see screenshot from Mandrill below)
2) SMTP Footer - Your SMTP Footer is the information that will be included in the footer of all your emails. This footer area supports HTML code. An HTML code snippet example is included below.
<center><p>Company Name | 123 Address, City, State, Zip | 9876543210</p>
You will only need to update your company name, address, and phone number.
3) Default SMTP Integration - check this box if you would like this to be your default SMTP integration for your ClickFunnels account.
4) Webhook URL - you will need to copy the webhook URL and add it to your Mandrill settings. (See Webhook Setup below)
5) Click Verify Email Settings
6) Click Create SMTP Integration
Copy your webhook URL from the SMTP settings in ClickFunnels and go to your Mandrill account and click on Webhooks then click on Add a Webhook.
Set up your webhook as seen in the screenshot below, and click Create Webhook.
Select the following checkboxes:
- Message is Bounced
- Message is Marked As Spam
- Message is Soft-Bounced
- Message Recipient Unsubscribes
Add the webhook URL to the Post to URL field.
In the Description field type CF Webhook
Domain Name Verification
In order to optimize your email deliverability, you will need to verify your domain name that you wish to send your emails from.
In your Mandrill account click on Domains
Type your domain in the field and click Add
Mandrill will require you to verify the email address as well as add a DKIM record and an SPF record to your DNS.
This will be done inside your domain host, registrar or CloudFlare (wherever you manage DNS for your domain).
First, click Verify A Domain and enter the email address that you will be sending from.
You will get an email from Mandrill that will have a link to verify your email address.
After you click or visit that link, your email address will be verified.
Now you will need to add the DKIM record.
Click View DKIM Settings
You will be given a DKIM record to create in your DNS settings for your domain.
Then click View SPF Settings (or View error details)
You will need to create a TXT record with the information that they have provided you.
Once you have done this, click Test DNS Settings
If your DNS records are set up correctly you will see three green check marks.
Your Mandrill setup is now complete.
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.