Important Note: Instructions are provided here for integrating Amazon SES with your ClickFunnels account, however, we do not officially support this integration. If you have issues with this setup, you will need to contact Amazon support and/or a qualified developer to assist you with this. Also, without webhook support, we are not able to monitor spam, bounce, or unsubscribe complaints.
In order to use Amazon SES there are a few steps that need to be taken in order to verify your domain and email address.
Please follow the steps in this article to complete those steps in order to integrate Amazon SES as your SMTP service in ClickFunnels.
Verifying your domain
When you first login to your Amazon SES account, you should see a page that looks like this:
Click on Manage Identities
On the Manage Identities page, click Verify a New Domain
1) Type in the domain only. Do not type http://, https://, or www.
2) Check the box for Generate DKIM Settings
3) Then click Verify This Domain.
You will need to add the information on the next page to your DNS records.
If you are using CloudFlare for your DNS records you can easily add the Domain Verification Record as a TXT record and the DKIM Records as CNAME records.
If your DNS records are hosted elsewhere, please check with your provider if you have any questions on how to modify DNS records.
After you have added the verification records to your DNS hosting, it might take awhile for the information to propagate.
Verify A New Email Address
The next step is to verify the email address that you will be using.
1) Click Email Addresses under Identity Management on the left hand side of the page.
2) Click Verify a New Email Address
Enter the email address that you wish to verify and click Verify This Email Address
After you have submitted this form you will receive an email from Amazon with a link to confirm that you own the email address.
Requesting a sending limit increase
The next step is to request a sending limit increase. According to the Amazon SES FAQ's, you can submit this request by going to this link:
CREATE YOUR SMTP CREDENTIALS
In order to create your SMTP Credentials, go to your Amazon SES Dashboard.
1) Click SMTP Settings from the left hand sidebar.
2) Click Create My SMTP Credentials
You will be taken to this page. Click Create.
On the next page click Show User SMTP Security Credentials. Make sure that you copy and save the username and password that is revealed.
After you have completed this process, go back to the SMTP Settings page from the beginning of this section
You can click the Services link at the top of the page to navigate back to your SES dashboard.
INTEGRATING WITH CLICKFUNNELS
After you have submitted that form and the sending limit has been granted by Amazon, you will be able to confirm your SMTP settings in ClickFunnels.
In your ClickFunnels account, go to Account Settings > Outgoing SMTP.
Click the New SMTP Configuration button.
You will see a popup asking for some information. Some of the information you will need to get from the Amazon SES SMTP Settings page as well as the Username and Password that you saved in the previous step.
1) Select an Integration Name. This can be anything you choose to help you identify this SMTP integration within your ClickFunnels Account.
2) Insert the From Name. This is the name that will display as the from name in users' email clients when they receive emails from you.
3) The SMTP Server is the server name found on the SMTP Settings page in your Amazon SES account.
4) The SMTP User is the username that you copied from Amazon when you created your SMTP Credentials.
5) The SMTP Domain is the domain that you verified. Insert only the domain name. Do not use www, http, or https.
6) You can create an HTML SMTP Footer here to be included with all of your emails. This typically includes your contact information and an unsubscribe link as required by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
7) The From Email should be the same email that you verified in your Amazon SES settings.
8) The SMTP Port should be 25, 465, or 587. Please insert only one.
9) The SMTP Password is the password that you saved when you created the User Credentials in your Amazon SES account.
10) Click Verify Email Settings to test the settings. This will also send you a test email to your account email address.
11) Click Create SMTP Integration to save your settings. Your Amazon SES Account is now integrated and you can send emails from ClickFunnels and/or Actionetics using your new SMTP settings.