Important Note: Instructions are provided here for integrating Amazon SES with your ClickFunnels account, however, we do not officially support this integration. If you have issues with this setup, you will need to contact Amazon support and/or a qualified developer to assist you with this. Also, without webhook support, we are not able to monitor spam, bounce, or unsubscribe complaints.
What you will need:
- An Amazon SES account
- An Email host set up for your domain
Step One: Account Set up
- Sign Up for a Amazon SES account
- Select the US WEST Oregon server.
Step Two: Validate your Domain
- Search for SMTP
- Select Simple Email Service
- Select Manage Identities
- Select Verify a New Domain
- Enter the domain without www or http/https
- Select Generate DKIM Settings
- Click Verify This Domain
- Scroll down to the TXT and CNAME prompts
- Open your DNS Zone record Editor
- Create the 3 CNAME's as directed (Note, only to the period before the domain as shown with the strikethrough)
- Create the TXT record
- Amazon SES will automatically check for these settings
Step Three: Validate your Email Address
- Select Email addresses
- Select Verify a New Email Address (this will be the email address you set up with your email host under the "What you need" portion above.)
- Open your email host
- Select the confirmation link
Step Four: Request a Sending Limit Increase
- You can make such request here: http://aws.amazon.com/ses/fullaccessrequest
This time frame is determined by Amazon SES Support
Step Five: Create your SMTP Credentials
- Click the SMTP Settings Menu
- Click Create My SMTP Credentials
- Select your IAM User Name
- Click the Create Button
- Click Show User SMTP Security Credentials
- Copy and Save both the User name and Password for use in next step
Step Six: Open your SMTP Settings
Open your Clickfunnels SMTP Settings
- Press Account
- Select SMTP Settings
- Select the Green Plus sign
Open your Amazon SES SMTP Settings
- Select SMTP Settings
Step Seven: Setting up your SMTP Settings
- Title - The name of your integration. This is for your reference only. This can be anything that you like.
- From Name - This is the name that will display in the user's email client when they receive an email from you.
- From Email - should be the same email that you verified in your Amazon SES settings.
- SMTP Server - The server name found on the SMTP Settings page in your Amazon SES account.
- Port - Enter 25, 465, or 587. Please insert only one.
- SMTP User - Your Amazon generated User ID
- SMTP Password - Your Amazon generated Password
- SMTP Domain - Enter is the domain that you verified. Insert only the domain name. Do not use www, http, or https.
- Domain - Domain within your account you desire this associated with.
- Address - Enter your businesses physical address
- SMTP Footer - Your SMTP Footer is the information that will be included in the footer of all your emails. This footer area supports HTML code.
<center><p>Company Name | 123 Address, City, State, Zip | 9876543210</p>
Step Eight: Test Your Settings / Finalize Integration
- Click Verify Email settings on the right hand side of the SMTP settings page
- Select Default SMTP if this will be your default SMTP integration
- Select Save SMTP Integration
If you require further assistance, you can click the support icon in the bottom-right corner of this page.