This article will help if:
- You would like to send your new subscriber somewhere besides the next funnel step.
- Your emphasis is on the page content, and you want the visitor to request the pop up.
- Emails are not being added to your email list in Actionetics, ClickFunnels Contacts or your 3rd-Party Autoresponder.
- Your pop up window proceeds to the next funnel step, but no data is saved.
Settings on the Pop up: Your pop up window can be triggered by the button on your page or when the visitor attempts to leave the browser window.
To access the settings on your Pop up window, navigate to the ‘Edit Settings’ on the ‘Pop Up’ Menu:
Every part of your Pop up window can be customized to attract the attention of your visitor:
Note: A form on your pop up window requires that your button action is set to ‘Submits the Page.’ Even if you want to send your visitor somewhere besides the next funnel step, the button setting on your pop up must be ‘Submits the Page’ to save the data in your form.
Fields on the menu change the appearance of your pop up window:
A. -- Top Margin - The space above the Pop up window can be adjusted with this setting.
B. -- BG Image - The background on your Pop up window is an image you upload or select from the Gallery.
C. -- Trigger on Exit - You will determine whether your Pop up window will show when your visitor attempts to leave the browser window.
1. Don’t show on exit -- The pop up window will not show when just before the visitor leaves.
2. Show when user tries to exit -- The pop up window will be presented when your visitor moves the cursor toward the tabs at the top of the browser window.
D. -- Modal Width - Control the size of your pop up window.
- Large - Use the largest popup window when you want to share additional information and collect subscriber data.
- Medium - With narrower margins, this is the default pop up window size.
- Small - The smallest pop up window is useful when you have a few words and want to capture and email without obscuring the view of your page.
- -- BackDrop - You can change the color of the screen that appears behind your pop up window. This is helpful when you want to cover the page. The image on your popup will be clearly visible when you use this option.
- -- BG Color - The color inside your pop up window borders can be changed to virtually any color on the spectrum.
- -- Text Color - Words on your pop up window can be the color that you choose for each line in the text editor.
H. -- Padding - The margins on the inside of your pop up window border can be adjusted to improve appearance and balance the space around the text.
- Top - When you adjust this setting, you appear to move the text up in the pop up.
- Bottom - Your changes to this slider will raise and lower your text.
- Left/Right - You can increase the margins inside your pop up window with changes to this slider.
Once your pop up window has the appearance you want, you can allow ClickFunnels to send your new subscriber to the next step in your funnel.
Redirect your subscriber: At times, you would want to send your new subscriber to somewhere besides the next step in your funnel. In these cases, you will insert a valid URL in the ‘Settings’ > ‘General’ screen in the ‘On Submit Go To’ field.
After you have entered the URL for your redirect, you will want to click away from that menu (to the left of the open menu) - and be sure to save your changes (upper right hand corner).
Test Your Pop Up Window:
To prove that your pop up window works correctly, you will want to use an email that you have not used before. Complete all of the fields on your pop up window and click on the button.
Follow the steps inside this helpful doc to complete your tests: