What you will need:
- A GoDaddy Account
- Access to Your GoDaddy DNS Settings
**Please note: this article is intended to teach you how to connect your main domain. If you create a CNAME record as shown here for "www" your main website will ONLY point to ClickFunnels. If you have an existing website at this destination you wish to keep, it is recommended you setup a subdomain instead.**
Step One: Create Your CNAME Record
- Sign into your GoDaddy Account.
- Select your Domain's DNS settings.
- If a CNAME with the name WWW exists, edit the target to target.clickfunnels.com.
- If it does not, click Add at the bottom right.
- Select CNAME.
- Enter WWW into the Name input.
- Enter target.clickfunnels.com as the value.
**Please note: image shows setup both with and without an existing WWW record. If you edit your existing record, you will not need to add one. If you don't have an existing WWW record, you will add one instead.**
Step Two: Add a Forwarding Rule In GoDaddy
- Without leaving that screen, scroll down to your Forwarding Settings area
- Select https://.
- Enter www.YOURDOMAIN.com (replace YOURDOMAIN with your actual domain name).
- Select Permanent (301).
- Select Forward Only.
- Select "Update my Nameservers and DNS settings."
- Press Save.
**Important Note: DNS servers can sometimes take up to 48 hours to update your CNAME record. When proceeding with Step Three, make sure to check on your DNS propagation as explained there to confirm the record is live.**
Step Three: Add your Domain within Clickfunnels
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.