If you are adding a new subdomain to your ClickFunnels account there are two different options.
- If the domain you are adding is already in CloudFlare, follow the instructions in this article.
- If the domain you are adding is not in CloudFlare, please follow the instructions in the article, Automatic Custom Domain Setup.
Any changes you make to your domain can take up to 24 hours due to DNS propagation. This also includes the DNS cache that is stored on your computer. Please wait at least 24 hours and restart your computer before contacting support about a domain not directing properly to your ClickFunnels site.
Step 1: Login to Your CloudFlare Account
To login to your CloudFlare account go to https://www.cloudflare.com/a/login and login to your account.
After logging in, you will be taken to this screen.
Step 2: Add CNAME Record
Now you will need to point your CNAME Record towards ClickFunnels
- Select CNAME from the dropdown menu on the left
- Type your desired subdomain in the Name field. In this example, we have used "go" for the subdomain example above.
- Type target.clickfunnels.com in the Domain field in the middle (please do NOT use your own ClickFunnels subdomain, literally use "target.clickfunnels.com")
- Click Add Record on the far right.
- The subdomain that you use can be whatever you like.
**You can add multiple subdomains to your domain later on by simply adding the CNAME and pointing it to target.clickfunnels.com
Make sure that the cloud icon for the record that you just added is orange and NOT grey.
Step 3: Add the Subdomain to Your ClickFunnels Account Settings
Now it is time to go to your ClickFunnels Account Settings.
Login to your ClickFunnels Account.
Go to My Account > Settings > Custom Domains > Add New Domain
Select Use An Existing Domain
Select Manual (Advanced) Setup
You will see this popup window:
- Type in your subdomain name in the following format: subdomain.yourdomain.com
Do not include "www" or "http://" or "https://"
- Select the Root Page for your domain.
This is the default page that will appear when someone types only "subdomain.yourdomain.com" into their browser's address bar.
- Select your 404 / Error Page
This is the default page that will appear when someone visits a page that doesn't exist on your domain.
- Click this toggle to Enable SSL (Only do this once the SSL certificate is active in CloudFlare, otherwise your pages will not display correctly.)
- Click Create Domain
Configure Your ClickFunnels Pages
The last step in this process is to configure your ClickFunnels pages.
For more information on this, see this article.
Your custom subdomain setup is now complete.
If you have any questions about your CloudFlare setup, please contact support by clicking the bubble on the bottom right hand side of the page. Please be sure to include the domain name as well as the login information for your CloudFlare account and your domain registrar and/or host.