Important Notes - Please Read Prior to Setting Up Your Domain
- This option only works with one domain or subdomain per custom domain (eg. www.yourdomain.com or subdomain.yourdomain.com, but not both).
If you require more than one domain/subdomain listing you will need to use the Manual Custom Domain method.
- It may take up to 24-72 hours for your domain to fully propagate. This depends entirely on your domain registrar/host.
- When using the ClickFunnels Automatic Custom Domain Setup feature, your domains will be added to ClickFunnels through our CloudFlare Partner API.
- If you have an existing CloudFlare account, you may sign into this account through ClickFunnels to add new domains.
- If you have a domain that already exists in CloudFlare, you will need to use the Manual Domain Setup option to set up your Custom Domain or Custom Subdomain.
- When using the Automatic Custom Domain Setup feature, your root domain (domain.com) will remain with your domain registrar.
- You will not need to change any Nameserver records. You will only need to add two CNAME records to your domain registrar/host. To learn how to add CNAME records to your specific host, please see this article from Google.
- You may add subdomains as well as your primary domain using this method. However, your primary domain must be www.yourdomain.com
For example, if you do not have an existing website on your domain and you wish to use your domain solely with ClickFunnels, you can use www.yourdomain.com but not yourdomain.com.
If this is what you choose to do, you would need to set up a redirect in your hosting/registrar account to forward yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com. You would also still be able to set up a subdomain within your host for this domain for a blog or another website.
If you have an existing website on your root domain, such as a WordPress or Shopify website, you can set up a subdomain using this method for something like deals.yourdomain.com, secure.yourdomain.com, or www1.yourdomain.com
The subdomain that you choose is entirely up to you.
Watch this Video
To get started, go to Account > Custom Domains and click Add New Domain.
Click Use An Existing Domain
Click Automatic Setup (Recommended)
(If you prefer to do Manual (Advanced) Setup, please follow the instructions here.
Enter Domain Details
In this step you will enter your domain details.
If you wish to use your domain only with ClickFunnels enter it in the domain field as www.yourdomain.com
**yourdomain.com should be replaced with your actual domain name.
If you have an existing website on your root domain and you wish to use a subdomain with your ClickFunnels pages, enter it here as yoursubdomain.yourdomain.com
**yoursubdomain should be replaced with your actual subdomain and yourdomain.com should be replaced with your actual domain.
Please note that in order to add your domain, it must already be registered with a domain registrar. If you have just registered your domain, it may take up to 48 hours for your registrar to update before your domain can be added to ClickFunnels.
Enter CloudFlare Details
New CloudFlare Account
If you do not have an existing CloudFlare account, select Create New User from the CloudFlare User dropdown menu, and then enter your email and create a password in the respective fields.
Existing CloudFlare Account
If you do have a CloudFlare account, select Create New User from the CloudFlare User dropdown menu, and enter your login details in the User Email and Password fields.
Existing CloudFlare Account Already Integrated With ClickFunnels
If you have previously added a domain to your ClickFunnels account using the Automatic Custom Domain Setup feature, you do not need to enter your CloudFlare login details again. Simply select your CloudFlare account from the CloudFlare User dropdown menu.
Setting the Defaults For Your Domain
- Important! The Root of Url is the default page for your domain. Make sure you set your default page.
- Important! The 404 / Error Page is the error page for your domain if a user attempts to navigate to an invalid URL. This can be the same page as your Root of URL page.
- Enable SLL. This is optional, but recommended.
- Click Create Domain
Add CNAME Records to Your Host/Registrar
The last step is to add two CNAME records to your Host/Registrar.
Log in to your DNS records are managed (your Host or Registrar) and add a CNAME record according to the instructions on your screen.
- If you added www.yourdomain.com, you would add a CNAME record for www to your DNS records.
If you added the subdomain secure.yourdomain.com, you would add a CNAME record for secure to your DNS records.
No matter the CNAME, it should point to target.clickfunnels.com.
- Add a second CNAME record as indicated in the screenshot above.
This second CNAME will be generated specifically for your domain and will verify ownership of your domain for CloudFlare.
*It may take up to 72 hours for this to update depending on your web host/registrar.
**For more information on adding a CNAME to your specific host/registrar, please see this article from Google: Add a CNAME Record
After adding your CNAME records, you may notice that you still see these messages next to your domain name:
ClickFunnels will check your DNS records automatically every hour until they have been updated.
If you are still seeing an error here after 72 hours, your CNAME records may not have been set up correctly with your registrar/host.
Optional: Root Domain Redirect
This will need to be set up in your own webhost/registrar.
Configure Your ClickFunnels Pages
The last step in this process is to configure your ClickFunnels pages.
For more information on this, see this article.
Congratulations, your custom domain setup is complete.
If you have any questions about this, please use the support icon on the bottom right hand corner of this page.
Let us know the domain name that you are having trouble with and please also include your login information for your registrar/host so that we can log in and troubleshoot from there.